The Kriegsmarine War Destroyer Badge (Zerstörerkriegsabzeichen) was a military decoration awarded to crew members who served on German destroyers during World War II.
Instituted on June 4, 1940, by Grand Admiral Erich Raeder, this badge was designed to recognize the service and contributions of sailors serving on destroyers in the Kriegsmarine. It featured an image of a German destroyer cutting through a wave, with an eagle clutching a swastika positioned above it. The badge was typically made of metal and had a pin-back design to be worn on the uniform.
To qualify for the Destroyer War Badge, sailors had to serve a certain duration aboard a destroyer or participate in specific operations related to destroyer warfare. There were various criteria for eligibility, including time served, participation in combat actions, and acts of bravery.